Sunday, April 22, 2007

My first SCUBA DIVE !!! Feb 2002

This is sounding like a series of MY FIRST .... But since I have blogged about My first Sky dive, My first Bungy Jump, I felt it was appropriate to talk about MY FIRST SCUBA DIVE in life !!!

It was in the FAMED Great Barrier Reef, Australia off the coast of Cairns, that I tool this step !

We were on a small cruise ship ( called Ocean Spirit) which took us on a journey across the Reef.

It was BEAUTIFUL ! I remember Sarita not taking it too well though ( she got sea sick !). Thats when they offered people to go for an INTRODUCTORY DIVE - and I got excited and went for it !!

It opened a whole new world for me ! To get underwater with Scuba diving gear, navigating the PEACEFUL world of the deep blue ocean, silently communicating with the millions of living species that inhabit that world - AWESOME !!!

I decided then that one day I would become a PADI certified diver !!! And I did ! But that's another BLOG story !!! What's next in MY FIRST .. series ? Looks like MY FIRST TREK/ Hike seems appropriate !

No comments: