Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Next Frontier for me


Rock Climbing party, originally uploaded by Steven Pam.

What is my next BLOCK ? My next FEAR ? I suddenly realised today in the morning at the Gym that it is ROCK CLIMBING !!! I have started a bit of Trekking early this year for the first time in my life - but the truth is there is HUGE difference between walking up and down steep paths and actual CLIMBING !!!

So, I suddenly realised that the Gym has an INDOORS ROCK CLIMBING WALL - and I saw the instructor for the first time !

I nervously approached him and importantly for me, TRIED it out !
It wasn't a HOME RUN but I got the FEEL of it.

The Feel of getting harnessed and IMPORTANTLY LETTING Go of the Wall and using the ROPE in Panic !!!

I realised that I need to strengthen ( and sum up all the COURAGE) myself to truly do MY FIRST ROCK CLIMB !!!

Next Saturday, I will scale NEW HEIGHTS !!!!

1 comment:

Ananya said...

Rock climbing is one thing that I've been doing of and on in my dreams... ;-) Seriously, no jokes about this one. Over the past years, I've had several dreams where I've abseiled down speedily from a treachorous pinnacle; rappled over a long rope bridge across a mammoth river; rock climbed with bare hands up a mystic mountain (that later I came to know was Shivling Peak) <--- remind me to tell u the dream some other time.

All in all, these ethereal beings are definitely trying to push me into learning the ropes of it sometime in this lifetime... I think many of my future mystic experiences could be related to my ability to rock climb.

Satopanth! here I come... :-)